CDS Reference Laboratory & Contact
The laboratory is headed by Professor S. M. Bell. Other staff include Dianne Rafferty, Julie Allerton, Dr. Pratiba Malini James, and Chinmoy Mukerjee, Manager NSW Health Pathology St George Hospital Microbiology, Kogarah. Dr Jeanette N. Pham, Ph.D has retired but has kindly agreed to be an Honorary Consultant to the CDS.
The CDS Reference Laboratory is in the Department of Microbiology, NSW Health Pathology,
St. George Hospital, Kogarah, NSW, Australia.
The role of the CDS Reference Laboratory includes:
- Calibration of new antibiotics for use with the CDS method.
- The review/modification of current tests to ensure the CDS method can detect emerging mechanisms of resistance.
- Preparation of Newsletters to inform CDS Users of additions and modifications to the method.
- Provision to CDS Users of reference organisms used in quality assurance.
- Answering questions concerning all aspects of antibiotics (see Q&A section).
- Conducting Workshops at annual meetings of the Australian Society for Microbiology (ASM) and conferences organised by the Australian Institute of Medical Science (AIMS).
- Providing advice in regard to the appropriate interpretation of antibiotic susceptibility tests performed according to the CDS method to the Quality Assurance Program conducted by The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia.
Department of Microbiology NSWHP
Clinical Services Building
St. George Hospital
Kogarah NSW 2217
Tel: (02) 9113 3346
Fax: (02) 9113 3349